Too much too much I say



My life it looks like cabaret.
Europe has now blessed us 20 of this year’s 43 entries, and I fear that already I may have reached saturation point. I was beginning to feel overwhelmed (seeing Eurovision entries in my sleep etc.) and wondering if I needed a break. I have been on edge for a number of reasons for the last few weeks and tonight I think I finally went over.
Whilst having my dinner I had one eye on Eastenders. I haven’t been following closely for the last while but during the course of the episode it became apparent that one of the main characters Gary was missing presumed dead. In the last few seconds of the show as the episode built up to the duh duh duh duh duh duh duh denouement, I saw something so unexpected that I jumped up from my dinner knocking over a pint glass of water with such force that went over the tv and all the electrical equipment at the other side of the room.
The episode had cut from Gary’s worried friends and relatives to a bar that was not the Queen Vic with a juicy young barman who was definitely not Peggy Mitchell watching the tv and flicking the channels. On the television, quite clearly I’m sure I saw an artist with blonde hair (who I did not recognise) performing a song in French on the 1982 Eurovision set.

Now there are a few possible explanations for what I saw:
1. Gary has travelled back in time to 1982 and has become trapped there and that is why no one in Albert Sq can find him
2. This is an in-joke a closet eurovision fan who works on Eastenders and Gary is supposed to be in present day France (are we like the masons?) where of course they are watching eurovision entries from 1982. Chic. Non?
3. This is a message from a secret eastenders Eurovision fan and we are like the masons (or scientology) everywhere in the highest echelons of the worlds of art, politics, science and culture
4. I have lost my mind.
Standing quinting a at a television almost electrocuted with a pint of water around my feet I am inclined to go for option 4. Too much Euro has sent me over the edge and I am seeing it everywhere.
I was alone in the house so nobody can confirm this for me... I think it is being repeated on bbc three as I type but I am too scared to check.
Did anyone else see this? Help!
Oh Euro, Why can’t I quit you???!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Bulgaria

When you say it's gonna happen "now", Well when exactly do you mean?

French Reactions