they can't stop the spring.... can they?

According to my nice black marks and spencers diary, tonight is the eve of the vernal equinox on which day, according to said source, spring begins. Sprang! Could have fooled me, for whoever "they" are, they seem to be making a pretty damn good job of it so far. HOWEVER, the line "the archipelagic icicles have melted like the cage" has provoked debate in come circles (ok, one circle... well, actually triangle) and i was delighted that my favourite communist newsletter the guardian G2 yesterday enlightened me. The line is a reference to "The Gulag Archipelago", the seminial work by nobel prize winner Alexandr Solzhenitsyn who was sentenced to eight years in the gulag or Soviet labour prison camp after he critised Stalin in private correspondence with a friend. Of course! Like, duuuh.

Meanwhile, the United Kingdom's entry provides a comparable showcase for lyrical subtlety:

"Care for some salted nuts sir?"

No i damn well wouldn't, you repellant, aging, preened throwback to a 1980s sitcom. Whilst my vitriol has subsided considerably since the night that I shall hitherto refer to as Noxious Saturday, I am not quite yet up to talking about this matter openly. Will do soon when my therapist gives me the green light. Brace! Brace!

Kisses xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Bulgaria

French Reactions

When you say it's gonna happen "now", Well when exactly do you mean?