Holding out for a Zero?

Well, after multiple rumour flurries - the latest burst of which involved somebody listening to the last month of Graham Norton Radio 2 shows and noting down all the UK female soloists on the playlist, plus a valiant attempt by Dr Eurovision to bribe a BBC staff member with a glass of prosecco - WE HAVE A REPRESENTATIVE.

All-time power ballad heroine and queen of gravel-voiced belting, Bonnie Tyler, will sing 'Believe in Me' for the UK in Malmö.




Whatcha gonna do when your ship is sinking, 
And you're crying out for help, and just the seagull's listenin'?

Not the Lesbian Seagull? I think she would be a very good listener.

You know, I don't mind this song. Yes it's certainly no 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' - but what could even come close? It's a nice, contemporary country ballad, well produced and hopefully will be well sung. I like Bonnie a lot, and if I can allow myself to imagine this as a Venn diagram, I think the overlap between ESC and Bonnie fans is probably quite high. There will be a lot of generosity toward her in Malmö and we'll all have a nice time. But of course I do fear a repeat of last year and would be sad to see this plummet to the bottom right of the scoreboard. It's not a strong field, there aren't many ballads so far and they're all pretty rubbish, so maybe... just maybe, the UK will fare well with BT. Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Bulgaria

When you say it's gonna happen "now", Well when exactly do you mean?