NEWSFLASH: VAMPIRES STILL ALIVE

Well, it seemed like I'd never see the day, but here I am announcing that Euromoments is OPEN AND READY FOR EUROVISION 2013 BUSINESS. A lot has come and gone in the last 3(!) years, and we've all done some growing up. But some things never change. Melodifestivalen still keeps the global wind machine industry in business, Lys Assia is still being given standing ovations every three seconds, and Linda Martin is still Linda Martin. In our absence, there have been two of the most significant and (to my mind) welcome winners of ESC: namely, Lena from Germany in 2010, and Loreen from Sweden in 2012. I think these victories for high-quality, contemporary pop music have saved the contest from disappearing down the 'it's all political' hole for ever.



Anyway, there's little time for nostalgia as the 2013 season is well underway. I'm off now to update the video bar with this year's offerings to date. Nothing as yet is setting the world on fire, but I do have a sneaking regard for Norway, and most surprisingly perhaps, one of the finalists in this year's Irish Eurosong (3 years of absence at least saved us from documenting the Jedward experience). But perhaps more on that tomorrow. It's good to be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Bulgaria

When you say it's gonna happen "now", Well when exactly do you mean?

French Reactions